Tuesday, November 16, 2010

RE: Myspace

Most of us who used to be loyal Myspace users, who used to really enjoy being able to blog there, have been forced to move on to a more blogger-friendly site. I tried everything I knew to try to stay at Myspace. I even created an entirely new Myspace site from scratch with a different sign-in email to see if I could accommodate myself to the new Myspace 3.0 which would presumably be automatic on any new site. My heart leaped for a moment when I saw the "customize blog" button pop up, but then it went away. It seems to me that Myspace, if it continues to exist at all, has essentially committed suicide as a blogging site. Now I find that I cannot log into EITHER my old site I've had for years OR the brand new site I just made. It is now the situation that, for me, Myspace is utterly dead, whether I would want it or not. Therefore, I hope all my Myspace friends who are interested in continuing to be part of a blogging community that includes me, will come to Facebook where, even though we cannot blog there, we can post workable links to our blogs we have at Wordpress or Blogger, etc.


The only thing I don't like so far about Blogger is that there is no button for replies to individual comments, but I suppose we can't have everything. I am pleased to see that, when last I checked, we have 83 members in the Myspace bloggers group on Facebook. This group, by the way, was created by our friend Shelli (aka black rose heart). Y'all come join!


TRB

3 comments:

  1. Temy, I'm shocked at the amount of people that have already joined. And there are so many more that haven't ... some don't even have a FB account! I didn't realize what a huge group of people we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and please don't forget to post a link to each blog you post, in the group. It's like our own little subscription area. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I didn't wanna seem pushy. I thought just a link to temysplace was sufficient.

    ReplyDelete