Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Last Blog


Sometimes I do wonder which one that will be. For any who knew or remember Tim Rambo, as far as I know, this was his. What will yours be? Being fully cognizant of the fact that any one I write could be my last, perhaps I tend to be overly serious in most of them. Or, maybe that's just my nature. Anyway, of course I hope this isn't really my last, but I suspect it is the last I will do at Myspace, and I intend to also post this one at Blogger and Xanga.

It REALLY pisses me off to have change forced upon me...but it is a thing that inevitably happens to most of us from time to time. The latest round of "improvements" to Myspace constitute the last straw for me. I can no longer customize my blog. I like the plain black background. Aside from liking the aesthetics of color print on black, it seems to suggest to me the contents are coming from (maybe going into) that same infinite void of non-existence from which we all sprang and to which we all return.

Perhaps the worst change of Myspace is that the length of reader comments is limited. I want to read all you want to write, so this cannot stand. Although I have sites at several places and have blogged at least once at nearly all of them (see links list below), I have decided on two possible places where I will blog. Those are Blogger and Xanga. There seems to be some strange bug somewhere, maybe in my computer, which causes me to have to go through the whole process of requesting a new password every single time I go back to Wordpress, even though I have my computer set properly for accepting the cookies. That is not acceptable. Moosehammer, Tex Shelters and Shelli have good blogs there (of the people I know about in my little circle).

As far as I can tell so far, both Blogger (TPO is there) and Xanga (Barbara "Lady B" is there) allow me to have my black background, easily connect to Facebook, where many of my friends from Myspace have gone even though FB has no blogging capacity aside from those ridiculous "notes". It does seem that FB is one of the best places for exchanging quick comments and videos. I kind of think of FB as a giant Lobby or "mingling room" in which we all can comment, share a brief message or video, and an actual blogging site more of a meeting room in which only those interested in hearing the speaker and a little commenting gather. I even tried creating my own blog site from scratch but I'm not good enough with HTML and CSS to do that and include archives, comments, etc. As of now, I plan to copy all blogs I do both to Blogger and Xanga, and I hope to come back to Myspace and post a link for those who want to stay there and would like to read my stuff. The blog format or platform is different there than Myspace, so writing and saving in a word processor will be different. Myspace just took whatever HTML I wrote into the original blog, the other places require a different way of writing them. Now even Myspace no longer takes my HTML.

I do not plan to close down any site but obviously it is impossible to blog at so many different places. In one sense, it seems most of our "community" at Myspace has scattered. Hopefully most of us can at least use FB to maintain contact. I made a whole new site at Blogger and at Xanga. If you already "followed" me at Blogger, please come to the new one and do so there. I hope you will come to these at least to read and comment, perhaps to do your own blog there too. I hope to have a personal update blog shortly. See ya there?

TRB
 
My site at:
 
(I'm building a whole new personal site there from scratch which I hope to share soon.)
 

2 comments:

  1. I still miss Tim. I wonder what he would think of how many of us still remember him, think of him, and refer to him. I wish he could know this, but that is one of the wonderful things about life. If you make an impact or contribution to someones life, the memories of you go on.....

    Anyhow, glad I caught up with you here. Not so much a xanga fan. When I really start getting serious about blogging again, I will share my wordpress link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lady B. I guess you saw my reason for not doing Wordpress...some weird glitch, plus I don't think I understand it, lol. Anyway, also very glad to be back in touch with you again. I wish Tim could somehow know that too.

    ReplyDelete