Monday, May 23, 2011

Can't think of a good title.

Why do so many people hate and fear the very idea of knowledge? It's been that way at least since whoever wrote what became the second chapter of Genesis got on that "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" kick. You might remember that this tree is the forbidden one, as apart from the Tree of Life. What kind of life does a person have if they really have no knowledge of good and evil? Is that like saying "I'm dumb as a board and damn proud of it"?

Who actually uses the phrase "Atheism not enough?" in their advertising? That would be the World Pantheism web site. I'm not disagreeing with stuff they have on the site, I just don't get the attraction of slapping the moniker of "God" upon all of nature; or how this is somehow MORE than atheism. Yeah, sure the strict definition of "atheist" is one without belief in any gods, but there's no such thing as a living person who is as one-dimensional as that.


Ever heard of a feller named Sean Sinjin and his book Meme and his web site Better Human. Well, now you have. I haven't read the book, but if I can really read the whole thing free I plan to read it. Interesting. We could all stand to be just a little better humans couldn't we? Sean identifies God as G.O.D. or the Governing Overseer Device inside your head. A query (I start to talk funny like that when I'm dealing with somebody in MENSA): Is Sean's G.O.D. the same as the Christian's "God-shaped hole in your heart"?


And speaking of holes in hearts and heads and psychopaths...what? somebody somewhere must be! I stumbled acrost this here are tickle titled How To Spot A Psychopath and hot damn! I nearly sprained me clickin' finger trying to get over there cuz somebody mightta done "outed" me doncha know. Well, they don't mentioned me by name but...still innerstin...if yer a psychotic type. When he said, "They were mostly overweight, wearing loose, comfortable T-shirts and elasticated sweatpants. There probably wasn't much to do in Broadmoor but eat" I had to look around real quick... overweight, loose clothes, yep. Heck I was even elasticated once, I'm sure of it. But I'd bet Broadmoor has more food than I do.
Sorta reminds me of whoever said "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
One more thing...

"But surely stock-market psychopaths can't be as bad as serial-killer psychopaths," I said.
"Serial killers ruin families," shrugged Hare. "Corporate and political and religious psychopaths ruin economies. They ruin societies."



Y'all been here lately?
The Secular Web


TRB

2 comments:

  1. When I get stuck on a title, I'll grab a random sentence or part of a sentence from the blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, E. I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete