Friday, May 23, 2014

Cancer!!

I already knew. There was some reason besides hemorrhoids for my pain and blood in stool, etc. I went to my newest doctor today. When the doctor AND his nurse AND a young guy I didn’t meet before all came into the room together. The old doctor said, “I don’t like you.” He said he thought I was only bringing him a hemorrhoid problem but I brought a bad thing. Today, May 23, 2014....exactly two months past my 56th birthday, I was told that I have cancer.

At the moment he says I have cancer just inside my rectum...rectal cancer. This explains, he said, why I have had such continual pain just from sitting. No kidding. It also explains to me much of why it is that I have lost about 35 pounds in the past three months or so. It was because I was eating much less but THAT was because I was afraid to eat because of the pain that would follow in the bathroom and, no doubt the cancer has affected my appetite.

I have a PET scan scheduled for next Wednesday to determine if it has spread anywhere else. If not, he says, I may only have to have some radiation.

I know for sure that at lest one, maybe more, of my friends has cancer. It seems I have joined your club even if mine is different from yours.

At this point I don’t know how much or what kind of future I have. I have told Melinda that she HAS to get herself acquainted with driving this car. I say the following, not because I am interested in any sort of debate or argument, but only to inform any of my friends who may not know, that I am not afraid of death. I know with absolute certainty what death is and is not. I know, for several reasons, especially the wealth of neuroscience on the matter of the brain producing consciousness, that it is merely the state of non-existence that “I” was in before biological processes brought me into existence. If this were my “belief” or opinion I would say so. I do fear pain though, that which might well come before the dead part. I can only hope that I can escape most of it.

“While you are asleep you are dead; and whether you stay dead an hour or a billion years the time to you is the same.” - Mark Twain's Notebook, 1896 He is, er, was correct.

I want to tell all my friends that I truly love and appreciate you.

That Weird Guy

addendum: and as if THAT were not enough....doc also mentioned colostomy bag, which I had thought of to0, but I don't know about that yet.

5 comments:

  1. A colostomy bag isn't necessarily a forever thing. My neighbor had rectal cancer a couple of years ago. He wore a bag for only 2-3 months until his rectum healed. They do wonderful things these days. I have much hope for you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope it can be successfully treated. My best wishes are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading a lot on the Internet about high success rates at treating cancer with cannabis oil. Rick Simpson in Canada was one of the pioneers in this, and you can find his story here:

    http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

    Please look into it. The story of the baby whose brain tumor was apparently cured by cannabis oil is also pretty impressive:

    http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/07/05/cannabis-oil-dissolves-large-inoperable-cancerous-tumor-in-8-month-old-baby/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Temy! How are you faring, my friend? I miss "hearing" your voice. Are you still writing somewhere out there in cyberspace?

    ReplyDelete