Friday, May 4, 2012

Blogs

Having a personal web site and/or blog are their own respective gradients of hell/insanity. You can work on both an entire lifetime and they are never any closer to finished...when you kick off they’ll just stop in mid-sentence, like the rest of you might. Some people have a web site to sell stuff (Gawd I hate monetary system), some bloggers get big bucks (the size of Cadillac Escalades) from someone somewhere. I suppose some use a blog as a drainage valve; if some of the crap that builds up in yer head can be converted into words and poured out onto a page, even a digital page, it seems to relieve the pressure for a while. Trouble is, if you have a blog readership, unless you’re famous and/or highly paid, your readership is small and it’s not too long before most all of them have heard your various drivels before...then the blog is almost literally a personal drainage valve. *sigh*

I’m working on totally reconstructing my web site over at Lycos/Tripod because they changed platforms a coupla times and some of the stuff there went poof. It’s still an embarrassing mess at the moment. Trying to force myself to pay attention and do the work to get it right. They also have a blog option there, but any blog which does not allow embedding of videos sucks swamp gas, so I’m sticking with my blogger site for that. Funny how, even if I were rich, I wouldn’t pay 12 cents to make a beautiful home in which to host visiting guests....but I’ll spend days trying to get the HTML right to make my web site purty...to me anyway.

My best friend here in town is having a rough time...his mom died on Sunday. I try to stay out of his way...say supportive stuff if/when we talk. When I write stuff online I wanna link to EVERY DAMN THING! Plus I’m scatterbrained. It’s partly why I couldn’t write a print book...no frackin’ clickable links. Meh. That’s a word I never would have learned except for the Internet. Maybe I’ll see if I can blog on a topic...or work on the site HTML some more. Drink ‘em if ya got ‘em.

TRB

No comments:

Post a Comment