Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hate

At first I wondered if it may be a touch of depression creeping back. Upon very close scrutiny I determined it is not. I don’t feel fear or lack of self-esteem or any of the stuff modern pop psychology says you feel when you are depressed. I don’t feel like I did when I was 17 with the shotgun barrel in my mouth and my toe on the trigger. I can see how this might morph into depression at some point (hopefully not), but right now, this critter has more teeth than mere depression. It has porcupine spines and bright red flames... this is hate.


Oh, not one of those goofy and petty hates of a person or a group of persons...nor is it an existential hate of life...at least not yet. Sometimes I think maybe the synonyms might be a shade more accurate; abhorrence, abomination, detestation, loathing. A feeling of absolute disgust. For the milieu in which I find myself embedded. Perhaps it is the milieu itself which shapes my hate because there are certainly similarities in appearance. The milieu also has its spines, red flames, gaping voids, etc. Some of these have names such as religion, politics, money, etc.


Here’s one small example, among thousands, of why I feel such hate: I was being very wishy-washy on whether to spend the bucks we really don’t have on a flip video, for several reasons. I have decided...I’m getting one. One of the first things I will do once I have it is post a video of me burning a Koran and a Bible. I will post it everywhere it can be posted. When it is removed, I will find a way to repost. I ask everyone else who values freedom to do likewise.


Yes, of course the Pastor Terry Jones is a bit of a nutjob. So what? He still has his freedom of expression. But you know what? He ain't nearly as much of a nutjob as the Islamists who kill people on the other side of the world for the stunningly trivial act of one man on this side of the world. Nor is he any more of a nutjob than all the people in the world who cause the the burning of a Koran to be a worldwide news story. It should not be a story at all, any more than the fact that Joe Simmons down the street wiped his butt today. Quran Burning in US Sets off Afghan Attack.


Sam Harris just wrote a new blog about it. He says, “The position of the Muslim community in the face of all provocations seems to be: Islam is a religion of peace, and if you say that it isn’t, we will kill you.” No kidding, Sam. By the way, Sam had an excellent and completely apt piece in Huffington Post titled Losing Our Spines to Save Our Necks.


I’m writing a blog about it. Why don’t YOU write a blog about it? Better still, why not get your own copy of a Koran and a Bible and video yourself burning both of them? All you folk who run atheist sites where people can buy items like Bible and Koran toilet paper, please stock up and advertise heavily. Everyone who can should support such things monetarily. I am growing very tired of my world being controlled by people with mental disorders, and so many of the rest being afraid to call the disorders, disorders.


An example of someone I respect? How about Dr. Wafa Sultan? She says, "Islam has never been misunderstood. Islam is the problem. But no one is stating the truth. No one is taking a hard look at the root of terrorism which is the brainwashing machine called Islam." Read more about her in Hugh Kramer's article on her.


TRB

3 comments:

  1. You really need a "like" button here. Or do they do a star rating type of thing? I can't remember.

    Anyway, I'm behind you 100%. If you post, I will re-post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...you should add a like button. Actually, you can add up to 3 buttons that say what you want. My 3 buttons say: LIKE --- LOL --- EH --

    But seriously...I feel a sickness in the pit of my stomach over this whole thing. It is one whack job up against a whack job group of ppl on the other side of the world. What is his motivation? I can't help but see an attention whore who is out of control. When my Momma said don't touch the stove or you will get burned, I listened. His actions have consequences just as the Islam protestors' actions have consequences. At what point is the human mind sick enough to barge on ahead regardless of consequences? Other than that, I just feel sick!

    Great blog, Temy. I didn't know you had a blogspot, but now I do and I'm following. I don't go to myspace for much. It frustrates me too much. I guess I'll be visiting friendburst a bit more since facebook has gotten so anal over the fake profiles...> stupid really!

    Now, go add some buttons for your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your candor. Frankly, Islam scares the crap outta me! Although I am not an atheist, I am an American. I will defend your freedom of speech to the death.

    ReplyDelete