Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saved!

I got saved today....from yardwork that is. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Melinda insisted we needed to mow lawn (we do) since it was a sunny afternoon. I put gas in mower, got it started and handed it over to her (what...I’m opposed to work, remember). Shortly, the storehouse of heaven opened and LO! there was deluge...even pounded a few of my believing gay friends nearby with hail stones. Set off the tornado warning sirens. Spared the poor benighted atheist though.


Found this on the Opinion page of the LaGrange Daily News:

"Dear Editor:

I was recently discussing world views with a friend, and he said he needed God as a foundation for morality. I made him an offer which would confirm or destroy his theory. I told him to awake tomorrow with a decision to be an atheist for just one day, and see if he had an urge to run out and start killing people. My friend may or may not try the experiment, but you can certainly try it.

If you do, will you find that you automatically start running red lights and speeding? Probably not. It appears that those folks with the little fishes on their cars already have a monopoly on that. You may find that without threats of eternal torture, you are the same good old you as before. You may even find that you really are a civilized human without any need for bribes to do what you know is right. Give it a try. I triple-dog dare you.

Mike Smith
Lakeshore Drive, LaGrange"


I have no idea who Mike Smith is but I gotta look that feller up, seeing as he’s in my town.


Got a brand new computer yesterday. It’s only a loaner though. Have to send my old one yet again for a new power supply (still under warranty). I’m making sure some wacked stuff gets downloaded on it for whoever rents it next (drumroll....) atheist stuff bwhahahaha. Gotta gets me a battery backup with guarantee they replace your whole computer if it gets fried. Maybe this one. Also downloaded IE9 on here...I like it so far...seems faster than previous editions.


Got a postcard in the mail today for an event next month at Faith Baptist Church here. Apparently an Easter thing. Only costs $5 in advance, but no kids under 5 allowed so it might be one of those ‘adult’ things, ya never know. Think I’ll check it out, I haven’t been to one of those since I played a wandering Jew in our church production about 20 years ago.


I hear they might release John Hinckley soon. Repubs apparently getting desperate to get rid of Obama. I’m sure Hillary is done, wouldn’t want to be Prez now if they handed it to her. She don’t even want to be Sec. of State after this term. Wonder if she knows something....about Hinckley? Dairy Queen here had a regular metal sign since forever. They posted a notice on it that folk should take pictures if they wanted. It got replaced by one of those fancy computer signs that change. I didn’t get a pic :(.


Saturday evenings are boring without Rachel. Here’s something...

"NAGPUR: A city with a population of more than 35 lakhs, but only 500 seemed to have woken up to the reality of Earth Hour. A little more than 500 people from Orange City shut their bulbs, fans, TVs, computers, etc to observe Earth Hour on Saturday at 8.30pm.”Source.

A lakh is 100,000. Good deal. I applaud. We don’t need to save energy, that’s total BS. We have more energy than we could use in a million years. Y’all don’t buy into the “earth hour” propaganda please.


TRB

No comments:

Post a Comment