Saturday, February 19, 2011

Idiots

Overall this has been a good day for me. Just finished a Hungry Man Dinner, so that's always a good thing. Had some good conversation with friends. Played games.


Earlier I watched my first episode of An Idiot Abroad. I knew Ricky Gervais did it and that he also did the original The Office in the UK. The Office seemed to be very popular but to me it was very boring and dumb...I never saw any humor in it. I think some people confuse stupid with funny. So I worked it up to watch Idiot. Ok, Karl the "idiot" may be an idiot, but as far as I can see he couldn't hold a candle to the idiots in the places he visits. I saw the one where he goes to India.


An Indian "Saint" said he should take a dip in the Ganges for "cleansing". Right. One of the most polluted bodies of water in the world, full of all manner of dangerous and disgusting stuff, including dead bodies sometimes...for cleansing. Yep, idiots in my book. Would you drink a bottle of water from the Ganges?

A shop where they sell piss to drink, and cow shit..."Holy" cow shit, no less, as soap. Hey, I've seen some dirty ass redneck places, but I have yet to find one where they think cow shit is soap.


Now Our America with Lisa Ling is on. All about Faith Healers (watch the clip here). Earlier in the week, with all the crap going on in most of the Middle East and North Africa, I was musing about how a dozen or so Hiroshima-sized nukes in that region would be so refreshing. Now, seeing what is going on amid the ruins of Heritage USA, and how so many people apparently think this is wonderful, I realize I was wrong about the Middle East...we need MANY more nukes over a much bigger area.


Watch all three videos...which is sadder, the grand Hotel in ruins...or that a "new ministry" has restored it?


All 'round a good day.


TRB

1 comment:

  1. Nuclear bombs will solve our problems? I suggest you stop watching all the crap on TV and spend some time musing over the Golden Rule.

    ReplyDelete