Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Death to 2010!

Drat! Foiled again! (pronounced Britishly) My nefarious plan to explode upon a miniscule percentage of the American public, bloggage such as had never before been seen, along with the exit of 2010, goes out with a whimper. I had assumed that my computer had a dead power supply and, since it was under warranty, took it back to Rent-A-Center to be resurrected. A week later he is returned and not merely revived, but has had a total wiping of memory, a process they called reseating the memory module. Having a born again computer is cool except that you have to teach him everything from scratch all over again, cuz he don’t know de ja vu. (I have met a few born again Christians with similar problems.)


Abiword, which is my beloved [free] word processor, is reinstalled and running fine, though of course his memory files evaporated into the cyber as well, so it’s back to blogging 101.


I had feared for a while there, that I might have to spend the rest of the year and some of next devoid of quality television programming, but no less a light than that bastion of American intellectualism, the CW, has come through, providing a mind stimulating program about lawyers. But wait! THESE layers are hotties wearing teeny little cheerleader outfits! So who cares if they may not know a salt from a battery. Naturally, the show is called Hellcats. Gimme a ‘G’, gimme a ‘u’, gimme a ‘i’... well. Ahh, the ancients would be proud. Er...actually I think they would be embarrassed at our Puritanical prudishness. Have you SEEN the x-rated art on the walls and floors of Pompeii? And they even had teh gayz too! So, I passed on the Hellcats to watch Keith and Rachel...who never showed up. I feel so rejected!


So anyhoo, I will return next year (I’m fairly confident of that now) and hope to post some blogs of educational value. Remember, I will try to post blogs only on Friendburst, Myspace and Blogger. Meanwhile, gonna try embedding a video and see if that works.



Remember the “futuristic” stuff starts tomorrow.


TRB

3 comments:

  1. Oh Temy, I'm so sorry you lost everything! I hope you took advantage of some of the online storage site(s) for bookmarks and such? I have a bad feeling I know the answer to that, though.

    I've had my computer(s) crash and die horrible deaths, and have learned not to keep everything in one place. I put very little ON my computer, in the way of programs. I store my bookmarks on a cd every so often. My pics are split between several places online (some even duplicated). And you just reminded me that it's time to make all my back-ups of all that stuff again. Losing priceless family pics because of stupidity is not something I want to do again.

    Oh, I almost missed it ... Pompeii has teh gayz?! They should run like the city is on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Temy! Backup your work! 4GB USB memory sticks are only $10! Don't be so helpless and dependent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rose and Hugh. As far as I know I didn't lose anything of any value. There was nothing on hard drive that isn't also posted somewhere, except maybe some pics and I can always rescan them. Ten bucks is a lotta money, Hugh. We gotta buy nonedible stuff with the cash.

    ReplyDelete